Monday, June 22, 2009

tokyo pt. 1

OK so I'm a little late this post. gomenasai.

So about 3 weeks ago Nagoya University had a school festival that went from Thursday all the way to Sunday. In Japan festivals are called "omatsuri" and it involves lots of food and activities. But apparently last year there was a food poisoning incident and this year all the food stands were taken away. An omatsuri without food is like America without fast food and so on Friday I decided to hop on the shinkansen and bounce off to Tokyo.

If you don't know what shinkansens are, it's basically the sweetest form of public transportation ever created by man. And two hours later I was in Tokyo.

I spent both Friday and Saturday with these two old friends that I knew from way back. They're actually twins, and they lived in Michigan for 4 years.

I also forgot to bring my camera with me the whole day Saturday so I'm a little short on pics. Ya I know. Fail.

Oh, but I did take a video clip of the busiest intersection in the world on a Friday night.

As you may be able to see from this video, Tokyo was retardedly crowded. And the public transportation, although efficient and punctual, is still a pain in the ass. OK I'll post more later.

1 comment:

  1. shinkansen is friggin sweet, looks like a rocket. tokyo looks vibrant, i wanna taste it.

    ReplyDelete